Newborns may be breastfed as he wishes, generally 8-12 times a day in the first two weeks of life. Watch for signs the baby is hungry, like waking up and wriggling her restless or uneasy, even though his eyes were closed, his eyes moving, mouth and tongue movements suck, the hands move toward the mouth repeatedly. If your baby to sleep on and did not show signs for 3 hours, trying to wake him for feedings.
– You have to feed your baby day and night.
– For babies who despise sleep on, wake up every three hours for feedings until he reaches back birth weight. (in the first weeks of the baby’s weight was decreased from birth weight, but this is normal, do not worry, this is not due only fed breast milk or breast milk less).
– Do not give dot. If your baby must be left in the hospital due to be irradiated as yellow, dairy, your milk and leave it in the hospital, do every day until your baby can be taken home, and told the nurse to give your expressed milk with a spoon. This is to avoid nipple confusion.
– Crying is a late sign of hunger for a baby, and will be even more difficult to breastfeed. Try more careful attention to signs the baby is hungry before he was crying hungry. Oh yes, weep not necessarily because of hunger, it could be because of the wet diaper or she is cold / hot.
In the early days of breastfeeding each lactation period lasts approximately 20 to 45 minutes for a total of two breasts, could be faster or longer depending on the baby’s desire, he who knows how much needs to feel full.However, because the newborn is generally often sleepy, the length of time it takes requires patience and diligence.By sticking good, feed on one side of the breast until the breast is empty, a sign he stopped sucking and no longer clenched hands, and he looked relaxed and sleepy. Currently, remove the nipple from his mouth, breast and replace next to it. Mark with a pin on the shirt, for the first time last reminder of breastfeeding with breast next to where, for the next feeding period exchanged.
It is normal for babies to “cluster feed”, meaning it is often often hungry and feeding in a few hours, then sleep longer without feeling hungry. In the first weeks of life, a healthy baby can breastfeed every hour or several times in one hour, especially during the afternoon and at bedtime. He will be very satisfied and satisfied after feedings the cluster, and the mother could use it for the rest to sleep at night.
Keep in mind, stomach newborns was small. Therefore they drank the milk a little bit, and often (because breast milk is easily digested and absorbed). Therefore, let the baby set when they want breast milk. No word “distance between drinking too briefly”, because when the baby regulate their intake of milk, breast milk production will adjust automatically. The distance between drinking at least 45 minutes is quite normal for a newborn.
Click Here: potty chairs for boys
Gradually, the distance between this drink will increase with the growth of the baby rarely, up to 2-3 hours.However, at any time, there are times when your baby has a growth spurt (growth spurts), for about 2-3 days.Growth spurts occur it is often the age of 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months. At that time, the baby will need more milk than before, so that she will ask the milk more frequently even every half hour, for 2-3 days. It’s okay, baby willingness obeyed it how often was, because your breasts will adapt to make milk more. After several days, the distance between breastfeeding will become more rare back.
Some doctors advise mothers to make breastfeeding schedule. However, breast-feeding should be done according to the needs of the baby. Do not need to be scheduled, keep the baby whenever requested drink.
While breastfeeding, tell the family or the nurse who suggested that formula-fed children when they feel hungry, that we must have enough breast milk for her, even though the baby is a lot of drinking, because your body will continue to produce milk as incurred. This determination to instill in your mind in order to succeed in this exclusive breastfeeding program. Once you buy the formula, you will be tempted to continue to make it back, because the price formula is not cheap and must be discharged after two weeks of the can is opened (if not broken, wasteful, right?)
Oh yes, do not measure the milk production is based on the results of milking, because the baby’s ability to suck the milk more than a breast pump / reddened hands. The mother should get plenty of rest, adequate nutrition foods and drink a lot. A sense of calm and relaxed and comfortable, no stress will increase milk production. Mom can rest relax while drinking tea can increase milk production Nursing Time Tea or drink Nursing Blend Postnatal vitamin supplement to meet the body with essential nutrients as a companion to this lactation period.
Is my baby getting enough milk?
1. You will be able to know that he is getting enough milk from BAB (defecation) was:
– In the first five days, BAB baby changed from blackish green, brown, and becomes mustard yellow.
– Each baby varies his toileting pattern. But the first three days, they will usually CHAPTER 2 to 3 times within 24 hours. On the fifth day, most babies will CHAPTER least 4 to 5 times.
2. The pattern of wet diapers:
• Day 1 = one wet diaper
• Day 2 = two wet diapers
• Day 3 = three wet diapers, etc.
• Day 6 or more = 6 to 8 wet diapers in 24 hours.
• baby urine pale (he signs a lot of drinking)
3. You can hear the baby swallowing milk, or show signs of good breastfeeding, (suck … pause (for swallowing) … .again … ..)
4. Your baby calm and relaxed after feedings.
5. He’d gained. Many babies may lose up to 7 to 10 percent of their birth weight during the first days of their lives.Babies born with fat reserves and usually regain the weight by two weeks.