Identify Cause High Cholesterol
Cholesterol in the blood is serum cholesterol, the cholesterol that is in the food we eat is called dietary cholesterol . Both are related but not the same. Eating foods that are high or contain dietary cholesterol can raise serum cholesterol, but if did not eat foods that contain dietary cholesterol , you still will have serum cholesterol.
When serum cholesterol rises above normal limits and remains high, then the amount of cholesterol is lagging behind the artery. For a long time, this oily material – known as plaques form on the walls of arteries and reduce or block blood flow. This condition is called atherosclerosis, the narrowing and hardening of the arteries caused by fatty plaque. Organs affected artery vessels will be obat kolesterol jamkho damaged because these organs do not receive oxygen or nutrients they need. If one of the coronary arteries (the arteries that supply food to the heart) becomes completely blocked, there was a heart attack. When blood flow to the brain is blocked, going stroke .
Some risk factors for high cholesterol:
- Age. LDL levels usually rise because of age.
- Gender. Until the age of 45 years are generally men have higher total cholesterol than women. Women usually HDL will be higher. After menopause total cholesterol is going up and the protective HDL level will drop.
- Family history. If the closest family members have cholesterol problems and heart disease, the risk will be greater.
- Diabetes. This condition will increase and decrease HDL trigeliserida. Diabetes accelerates atherosclerosis, and at the same time raises the risk of heart attack.
- High blood pressure. The high pressure on blood vessel walls can damage and accelerate atherosclerosis.
- Lazy lifestyle. Mild to moderate-scale exercise is a natural way to raise HDL.
- Obesity. Being overweight is closely linked to VLDL and trigeliserida, and low LDL.
- Smoke. Damage to the blood vessel wall makes it very easy to accumulate fat deposits, and reduced HDL as much as 15%.
- Stress and tension for a long time. It is associated with the release of hormones that cause a shift in cholesterol, HDL and LDL. So, try to manage stress and tension is high.
- Certain medications can raise cholesterol levels. Example: steroids, high-dose oral contraceptives, furosemide (Lasix), diuretic drugs (facilitating passing urine), as well as drugs to overcome the problem of Parkinson’s.
- Class of drugs Beta-blockers are commonly used to control high blood pressure can also lead to a shift in the ratio of LDL-cholesterol in the blood.
- Drinking coffee, especially unfiltered coffee, can have any effect on cholesterol levels.Drinking six cups of unfiltered coffee is not filtered every day will result in the increase of total cholesterol.
Posted in: Health, Healthy